Your body takes about one hour to process each unit of alcohol. Consider stopping drinking well before the end of the evening, so the process can begin.
Drink a glass or two of water or a soft drink before going to sleep, and again at intervals during the night if you wake up.
So, what causes a hangover?
The principal cause is ethanol – the alcohol in your drinks. It is a toxic chemical that works in the body as a diuretic (which means it makes you go to the loo more, and a result become dehydrated). This is one of the main causes of the headache, dry mouth, dizziness and constant nausea. Your hangover eases as the body turns the ethanol into a less toxic chemical.
– Vit C and Milk thistle good combo, before and after a night out. Milk thistle protects the liver, and lessens the hangover – Can buy in droplet form or tablets from a health food shop.
– Lemon in warm water next day. Alcohol is quite acidic, whereas the lemon/water combo makes the body more alkaline, it’s natural state.
– nettle tea or dandelion tea the next morning, again help flush out toxins, and clear out the liver.
– banana and kiwi’s are supposed to be good, as is full of potassium, which may have been lost by the body as alcohol is a diuretic, and makes you go to the toilet
– loads of good quality filtered water the next day.
– loads of veg, and good quality food. Green juice if you have a juicer is excellent to get nourishment back into cells.
– walk in the fresh air, or by the sea!
What precautions can you take to prevent a hangover?
Next time you choose to drink alcohol it’s worth keeping in mind the government’s advice which advises that people should not regularly drink more than the daily unit guidelines of 3-4 units of alcohol for men (equivalent to a pint and a half of 4% beer) and 2-3 units of alcohol for women (equivalent to a 175 ml glass of wine). ‘Regularly’ means drinking every day or most days of the week.
I do hope you enjoyed this. If you did please like our blog, copy and paste the page and share it with your family and friends, like our facebook page GOOGLE PLACES Google Reviews and our LinkedIn and twitter page. We also have youtube videos for you to see. Thank you for reading our blogs.
If you have back pain, neck pain, sciatica, headaches, leg pain, shoulder pain we would love to help you. Give Dr Luke Mulvihill or ring or email us. We are based in Crawley West Sussex UK. OR if you have any questions? Check out our FAQ’s page.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition as well. Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
FINALLY….. Remember……the purpose of chiropractic is to locate and correct areas of the spine that interfere with the normal nervous system control of your body. Because the intervertebral discs are so close to the spinal cord and nerve roots, disc involvement is common in chiropractic cases. Spinal adjustments help to restore correct motion and position of the misaligned spinal bones and if caught before permanent damage occurs, disc tissue often returns to a more normal size and shape.
Chiropractic first. Risky drugs second. Surgery last.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
Also to have more education see this link on youtube Hungry for change