1. Try an anti-inflammatory elimination diet that gets rid of common food allergens. Food allergies and the resultant inflammation have been connected with depression and other mood disorders.
2. Check for hypothyroidism. This unrecognized epidemic is a leading cause of depression. Make sure to have thorough thyroid exam if you are depressed.
3. Take vitamin D. Deficiency in this essential vitamin can lead to depression. Supplement with at least 2,000 to 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day.
4. Take omega-3 fats. Your brain is made of up this fat, and deficiency can lead to a host of problems. Supplement with 1,000 to 2,000 mg of purified fish oil a day.
5. Take adequate B12 (1,000 micrograms, or mcg, a day), B6 (25 mg) and folic acid (800 mcg). These vitamins are critical for metabolizing homocysteine, which can play a factor in depression.
6. Get checked for mercury. Heavy metal toxicity has been correlated with depression and other mood and neurological problems.
7. Exercise vigorously five times a week for 30 minutes. This increases levels of BDNF, a natural antidepressant in your brain.
Overcoming depression is an important step toward lifelong vibrant health. These are just of few of the easiest and most effective things you can do to treat depression. But there are even more, which you can address by simply working through the 7 Keys to UltraWellness. By Mark Hyman http://drhyman.com/
We always say Think Well. Move Well. Eat Well.
I do hope you enjoyed this. If you did please like our blog, copy and paste the page and share it with your family and friends, like our facebook page GOOGLE PLACES Google Reviews and our LinkedIn and twitter page. We also have youtube videos for you to see. Thank you for reading our blogs.
If you have back pain, neck pain, sciatica, headaches, leg pain, shoulder pain we would love to help you. Give Dr Luke Mulvihill or ring or email us. We are based in Crawley West Sussex UK. OR if you have any questions? Check out our FAQ’s page.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition as well. Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
FINALLY….. Remember……the purpose of chiropractic is to locate and correct areas of the spine that interfere with the normal nervous system control of your body. Because the intervertebral discs are so close to the spinal cord and nerve roots, disc involvement is common in chiropractic cases. Spinal adjustments help to restore correct motion and position of the misaligned spinal bones and if caught before permanent damage occurs, disc tissue often returns to a more normal size and shape.
Chiropractic first. Risky drugs second. Surgery last.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
Also to have more education see this link on youtube Hungry for change