Christmas Shopping Survival Guide
Don’t shop till you drop this Christmas. There’s a right way and a wrong way to shop and it is important to recognise the physical strain that shopping can place on your body.
There are more back, neck and shoulder injuries suffered during the Christmas holiday sea son than any other time of year; this is because many people have walked long distances on uneven and unforgiving surfaces, many women in high heel shoes carrying heavy bags and standing in queues.
The constant movement of reaching between your purse and bags and learning to one side can significantly place stresses and strains on your spine.
Survival Guide Tips:
- · Shop online whenever possible, especially for heavy, bulky items.
- · Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, no high heels.
- · Ladies, empty your enormous handbag of any unnecessary weight or opt for a smaller bag and only carry essential items that you need for the day ahead. A bag that you can carry across your body is far better for distributing weight more effectively or you could consider a back pack.
- ·Whilst standing in the queues shift your weight from one leg to another and bend your knees occasionally.
- ·Carry shopping bags evenly in each hand to distribute weight –better still use a trolley!
- ·Take a break regularly, drink plenty of water and eat healthy snacks.
- ·Do not carry parcels or shopping in front of you as this can cause greater strain on your lower back
- ·Avoid over-spending as this will cause further stress.
If you experience pain or discomfort as a result of shopping or the stresses of Christmas please visit your local UCA chiropractor
“We don’t just wish you Good Health this Christmas Season, UCA Chiropractors actually help you to achieve Good Health” The United Chiropractic Association
I do hope you enjoyed this. If you did please like our blog, copy and paste the page and share it with your family and friends, like our facebook page GOOGLE PLACES Google Reviews and our LinkedIn and twitter page. We also have youtube videos for you to see. Thank you for reading our blogs.
If you have back pain, neck pain, sciatica, headaches, leg pain, shoulder pain we would love to help you. Give Dr Luke Mulvihill or ring or email us. We are based in Crawley West Sussex UK. OR if you have any questions? Check out our FAQ’s page.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition as well. Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
FINALLY….. Remember……the purpose of chiropractic is to locate and correct areas of the spine that interfere with the normal nervous system control of your body. Because the intervertebral discs are so close to the spinal cord and nerve roots, disc involvement is common in chiropractic cases. Spinal adjustments help to restore correct motion and position of the misaligned spinal bones and if caught before permanent damage occurs, disc tissue often returns to a more normal size and shape.
Chiropractic first. Risky drugs second. Surgery last.
We look at all aspects of your health and we have many blogs on diet and nutrition Do check these out Acid/Alkaline in your foods and how it is linked to Osteoporosis, protein in vegetables so you don’t have to eat so much meat, and another is on the eating healthily Pyramid and we have so many more for you to check out.
Also to have more education see this link on youtube Hungry for change